Wednesday, June 15, 2011

165 miles on a work day

I rode my bike to work today. Not something I do very often, but it was going to be a gorgeous day, high of 79 and sunny. Plus, I had a doctor's appointment. First of all, I work 22 miles away from where I live, almost entirely interstate, and luckily against all the rush hour traffic. Then my doctor's appointment was about 60 miles from work, right in the middle of the day, so I have to go to the office first, then the appointment, then back to the office. Might as well make the best of it.

Good ride, gorgeous day. At one point, though, had to lock up the brakes seriously hard, initializing the ABS more so than I have had to since I've been riding. Talk about a rush of adrenaline. I'm glad I didn't panic. And I'm glad no one was behind me since I kind of forgot to check that in the mirrors as I was locking up the brakes.

But the good news is that I changed my knee surgery to a later date this summer so I will definitely have no issues riding up to the rally in Pennsylvania in July. :) Oh, and I rolled over 6000 miles today. Time for an oil change.

No comments:

Post a Comment