Saturday, July 9, 2011

GPS Initiation


The new GPS is really great, though I do have a bit of a learning curve with it. I need to figure out multiple destination points versus "via" points. A couple of wrong turns today but not too bad.

We rode 340 miles total today and collected seven additional counties in Virgina. I won't add that map just yet as it seems somewhat insignificant compared against the rest of the country. When we finish Virginia, I will add another map. That's only 35 more counties to go.

Today's trip was quite awesome, as they always are. Even with the heat, as long as we kept moving, it was just fine. Both Steve and I had been in areas of Virginia we had never been, including passing George Washington's birthplace in Westmoreland County.

We did end up at Morton's BMW in Fredricksburg and miraculously didn't spend any money there. I did pick up my heated jacket which was being repaired, but that was a warranty item, and obviously something I don't need for a few months.

Steve and I daydreamed today about taking a year off from work, in about 10 years or so, and just traveling the country by motorcycle. That will make for a great blog. So, now we have a goal. Pay off all bills, sell most everything, then just go...

No comments:

Post a Comment