Sunday, October 9, 2011

2011 Rally

Well, I failed my colleagues of the BMW Motorcycle Club of Hampton Roads. I forgot my camera this weekend, so I didn't get any good photos of our rally. But what a great rally it was. We had about 110 folks register. That's a great success for us. The only bummer about being part of the rally committee is that you don't actually get to ride very much. So, I rode my bike there and I rode it home, the long way. Came across that same spot my GPS took me before, this time on purpose because I wanted to get a photo.


One of my step sons turned 13 this weekend, and got to hang out with his Dad for his birthday, riding motorcycles and making fires. A friend also gave him a ride in his side car. Kerry is trying to make sure people know that side cars are cool. And they are.



Good birthday present, I think. 

During the rally, we had a charity ride for the Wounded Warrior Project that ended at the Military Aviation Museum and included a ticket to the WW-1 Air Show being held there. Of course, I didn't get any great pictures of that, other than this one I took with my phone of a bunch of the bikes parked under the water tower.

I hope someone got some better photos. I'll be looking for them on our club facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BMW-Motorcycle-Club-of-Hampton-Roads/172673926103293
I'll be heading up to Ashland, Va. tomorrow to take the Total Control Advanced Riding Course, then out to West Virginia and western Virginia for some mountain riding. 



No comments:

Post a Comment